TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?

USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?

JXM2119 ((no email))
Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:41:33 GMT

Hi All,

I have read numerous threads on Google goups and cannot come up with
an answer on this one.

I have already read and seen that there are cables/adapters that
go from USB to DB-9. That would allow you to connect your standard
serial console cable as you normally would. I am trying to find a way
to eliminate this.

I would like to buy/make a cable that will have a USB connector on one
end and an RJ-45 on the other. I'm not sure if it is as easy as
cutting off a connector on the usb and just terminating the RX/TX/GND
like you can do with a serial cable (DB-9).

I know there may be some issues with going from USB to RS-232
signaling and I could always build some kind of breakout box in the
middle.

Any thoughts?????

- Jay

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Wired: Word From on High: Jam Cell Calls"
Go to Previous message: Stop Fraud: "Bidfraud Website "Grand Opening" -- Read Inside for capabilities"
May be reply: nmclain@annsgarden.com: "Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?"
May be reply: Scott Dorsey: "Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?"
May be reply: James Carlson: "Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?"
May be reply: James Carlson: "Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?"
May be reply: Neal McLain: "Re: USB to RJ-45 Console Cable?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page