TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S

Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S

Doug Krause (dkrause@ratcage.com)
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:49:04 GMT

TELECOM Digest Editor responded to Fred Atkinson <fatkinson@mishmash.com>:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Other than the fact that she apparently
> was not able to hook herself up to the network, I wonder how the
> school would know what was or wasn't there. In other words, if she now
> were to open the computer and install the original card in there
> instead, how would the school ever find out, or do they search dorm
> rooms looking for contraband hardware, etc? PAT]

If they are being proactive, just check the MAC address of all systems
on the network.

http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml

Or if she ever has connection issues and opens a trouble ticket, the
person responding to it would find the non-approved card.

Doug Krause
dijon@ratcage.com

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S"
May be in reply to: donestuardo@yahoo.com: "Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S"