TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Wesrock@aol.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:03:37 EST

In a message dated Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:17:23 -0800, Steve Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> writes:

> What on earth are you talking about -- The callee DOES pay for
> landline calls here. If you have a residential line, you normally get
> flat-rate calling but businesses get metered rates. That's metered per
> call in many places, but here it's per minute. You can get metered
> rates for residential lines too -- if you don't make a ton of calls --
> and pay a lower monthly rate.

Most business service in the USA is flat-rate, too. As to metered
rates for residence and business, it's not a "ton" of calls you can
save on with metered service but only a tiny number -- about one call
every two days the last time I checked it for my residential service.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates and"
May be in reply to: kansaskon: "America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"