TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Strange Wireless Problem

Re: Strange Wireless Problem

A User (serge-newnew2715@mailblocks.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:43:23 +1000

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:29:11 -0500, Matt B. <redacted@giganews.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,

> I'm having a strange problem and I hope you can help ... A few
> co-workers are using wireless-enabled laptops. They are able to
> receive e-mail from the POP3 server, but are unable to send. They get
> the error "The server has timed out ... might be server problems,
> etc.." If they plug in to a wired connection, it works fine.
> Everyone is using Outlook 2000 or 2003. It doesn't matter where they
> are using the wireless connection -- at home, at the office, at
> great-grandma Edna's ... it all does the same thing ... and we are at
> a loss! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

> Thanks,

> Matt B.
> e-mail: moc.oohay@02091bttam <--Blocked...reverse it

You need to use the SMTP server of the the ISP you are on, or it will
be blocked. This is normal antispam behaviour.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"
Go to Previous message: Kenneth P. Stox: "Re: Strange Wireless Problem"
May be in reply to: Matt B.: "Strange Wireless Problem"