TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Looking For VOIP Provider That Can Do Business With Government

Looking For VOIP Provider That Can Do Business With Government

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:13:23 -0500

I work for a small government agency. I am trying to get a VOIP line
that has unlimited long distance - my choices would seem to be quite
varied out there. Here is the rub, however:

ALL of them seem to insist on billing for federal excise tax. Under
law, we cannot pay that. None of the VOIP providers I have spoken to
so far (Vonage, broadvoice, p8) are willing to bend on this at
all. Their billing depts tell me they are not set up to deal with tax
exempt customers.

Does anyone know of a VOIP line provider with an unlimited long
distance plan that can accomodate us?

(do not reply via email - the return address of this post goes to a
spam trap account)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Take your choice of them; personally
I suggest Vonage. If your volume of business is of any value to them
(and I think it might be), they'll figure out a way to write off the
'tax' they think is due. PAT]

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Somewhat Off Topic But a Must Read"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Looking For VOIP Provider That Can Do Business With Government"
May be reply: T. Sean Weintz: "Re: Looking For VOIP Provider That Can Do Business With Government"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Looking For VOIP Provider That Can Do Business With Government"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page