TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

AES/newspost (siegman@stanford.edu)
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:22:00 -0700

In article <telecom23.519.1@telecom-digest.org>, Lisa Minter
<lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Consumers are unlikely to get their cancelled checks back, although
> some banks had already stopped this practice.

Not sure what the practice is in other places, but at my Credit Union
you can view a scanned image of any of your cleared checks online
(only after logging in to your personal account, of course).

Seems to work pretty well in practice, and meets my occasional need to
verify a check written earlier. Can only trust that the connection is
secure, of course, although a hacker attack would probably be directed
at other aspects of an account, e.g. online funds transfers.

Go to Next message: Neal McLain: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1?"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"