TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Where Did This Call Come From?

Where Did This Call Come From?

Mr. Land (graftonfot@yahoo.com)
12 Jul 2007 13:18:55 -0700

Hi,

I received a cellphone voicemail from someone (I think in Europe) in a
language I can't identify. My cellphone voicemail service will give
me the originating number, and I'm trying to figure out where it came
from and what language it's in.

The source number as reported by my voicemail is of the form:

349502nnnnn

(I've left out the last 5 digits to maintain anonymity of the caller.)

Anything I can find on the Web seems to indicate that the leading "34"
implies the call came from Spain, but the language is definitely not
Spanish.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Go on, Read the Rest of the Article; Tell Me What You Think"
Go to Previous message: Linda A. Johnsonm AP: "Lightning Strikes Reported by iPod Users"
May be reply: mc: "Re: Where Did This Call Come From?"
May be reply: Colin: "Re: Where Did This Call Come From?"
May be reply: ranck@vt.edu: "Re: Where Did This Call Come From?"
May be reply: Juan Monico: "Re: Where Did This Call Come From?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page