TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Reverse 911

Re: Reverse 911

KBSchmith (kellibeth@sbcglobal.net)
2 May 2007 06:40:51 -0700

On Mar 10, 12:13 pm, Claude J Ortega <cj-usenet-01_S...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> In article <telecom26.6...@telecom-digest.org>,
> rick0.merr...@NOSPAM.gmail.com says...

>> Just received a call as follows: (999) 999-9999 NAME NOT FOUND
>> and it was an "amber alert" about a missing boy in our town.
>> Has anyone else heard of this?

> Yep, my town is trying it out.

> I have an answering machine on my line, to filter out the
> telemarketers, and thereverse911 system just hangs up without giving
> out the 'important' message. :-(

> Claude

Claude ~ What community are you in? I'm curious about the missing
boy alert and the Caller ID. Our system does identify the agency
sending out the alert, including a phone number. that's why I wonder
where you are and what system they used. The legitimate reverse911
(not imitations) let's an agency show an ID

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"
Go to Previous message: Tom Horsley: "Re: Vudu Casts Its Spell on Hollywood"
May be in reply to: Rick Merrill: "Reverse 911"