TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology

Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
27 Mar 2007 19:01:26 -0700

T wrote:

> So it's the connection method is it? Far as I can recall, switches of
> all sizes have been IP aware for quite some time now. My Vonage line
> is in essence a VoIP phone connected to a real switch. Verizon and
> that damned jury doesn't seem to understand that part.

I don't think you can properly draw a conclusion from such a
simplistic analysis.

We still don't know exactly what the three infringed patents were.
(If we had the patent numbers, we could look them up at the patent
office.)

In any event, whatever switchgear Vonage uses cannot be built with any
patented technologies owned by Verizon. But they did, in three
separate areas. Simple as that. To say the "jury didn't understand"
without much more detailed information is premature.

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Information Wanted on GrandCentral.com"
May be in reply to: Peter Kaplan, Reuters News Wire: "Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology"