TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Information Wanted on

Re: Information Wanted on

Mr Joseph Singer (
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 03:08:13 PDT

John Mayson <> 27 Mar 2007 17:42:41 -0700 wrote:

> Has anyone tried the service offered by Grand Central?

> They offer a free telephone number that'll try all of your phone
> numbers until it reaches you. I personally have no use for this
> service, but am curious nonetheless if anyone has heard anything good
> or bad. I'd be hesitant to give out my phone numbers.

I have used this service for a while. There's not much to lose by
trying the service. It works as advertised. There's been much talk
of the service on several mobile-related forums such as Howard Forums and on Wireless Advisor

I've also used a service from Private Phone
which is a good way for you to give out a local phone number which
takes your call and holds up to 10,000 voice mails for you. If a call
is left for you on this service it will send you a text message telling
you that you received a call and also includes the CID info if it was
there when the call was made to you.

Go to Next message: "Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology"
Go to Previous message: "Re: NANP Number Lengths"
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "Information Wanted on"