TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail

Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail

Steve Crow (steve.crow@gmail.com)
25 Mar 2007 01:39:36 -0700

I have a need to receive notifications of new e-mail on my numeric
pager. Obviously the simplest solution is to just upgrade to a text
pager and forward copies of my e-mail to it. However, this simply
isn't an option.

The specific situation is that I use GrandCentral for my voicemail and
I would like to be paged with my GrandCentral number (or at least a
recognizable string of numbers that indicate new voicemail) when a new
message is deposited. If I configure GrandCentral to send
notifications to a specific POP3 box, I can have a service monitor
that POP3 box and shoot out a notification to my pager when a
GrandCentral message gets deposited.

Is anyone aware of any service that will monitor a POP3 e-mail box for
a new message (better yet, from a specific e-mail address) and then
blast a string of numbers to a conventional numeric pager? Googling is
leaving me empty-handed.

I did take a moment to leave beta feedback with the GrandCentral folks
suggesting pager notification of new voicemail, particularly given the
number of people who still carry pagers and the fact that most modern
cellular voicemail systems still offer this capability.

Thanks!

Go to Next message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: "Please Enter Your ID Number" So We May Ignore it"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Slow Down, Multitaskers, and Don't Read in Traffic"
May be reply: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail"
May be reply: Steve Crow: "Re: Numeric Pager Notification of E-mail"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page