TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: My Space Sues Colorado Man for Spamming

Re: My Space Sues Colorado Man for Spamming

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:00:01 UTC

In article <telecom26.23.2@telecom-digest.org>, Gary Gentile , AP
wrote:

> MySpace, which is owned by News Corp., claims Scott Richter and his
> various companies, including OptInRealBig.com and Mediabreakway.com,
> sent millions of junk messages to members using technology that made
> the messages appear to come from individual members' accounts.

Scotty's a known spammer.

In fact, I was one of nine regular posters to
news.admin.net-abuse.email that got hit with a SLAPP lawsuit field by
someone else, and he actually called me to disclaim any involvement in
the matter.

(Guilty conscience, Scott-o?)

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I would have been proud to accept a
lawsuit from the man. Easy for me to say, I guess, being a judgment-
proof pauper and all that, but it would have been my privilege to rip
his ass off for him. PAT]

Go to Next message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Palm Treo 650"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: My Space Sues Colorado Man for Spamming"
May be in reply to: Gary Gentile, AP : "My Space Sues Colorado Man for Spamming"