TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?

Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?

Emily (emilymoberg@hotmail.com)
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:41:00 GMT

Is it true that one MUST use ONLY the EXACT USB charger that comes
with their cell phone? Are USB chargers really not interchangable?

The T-Mobile store told me I could only use their T-Mobile charger for
my new USB based cellphone. After showing me the charger for the
Motorola V195 which is 5.9 volts 375ma, they then opened a desk drawer
and handed me three melted USB chargers, one at 5.0 volts, 750ma;
another at 5.0 volts, 550 ma, and yet another at 5.2 volts 450 ma.

Can we swap these supposedly USB chargers or not?
- Blackberry TCPRIM2ULSSN 5.0vdc 750mA
- Motorola PSM5037B 5.9vdc 375mA
- Motorola DCH3-05US-0300 5.0vdc 550mA
- Motorola FMP5185B 5.2vdc 450mA

Why is Blackberry USB different than Motorola USB which is different in and
of itself? Can we swap these USB chargers or must we stick to the charger
that came with the device?

Emily

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Ad Costs on the Web Are Rising, but Perhaps a Bit Irrationally"
Go to Previous message: support@sellcom.com: "Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?"
May be reply: Emily: "Re: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?"
May be reply: Robin Colleen Moore: "Re: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page