TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore

Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore

support@sellcom.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:59:00 -0500

We were told by Alltel that they could not re-activate any of our old
phones because they did not have GPS for the E911. The ones we have
are Motorola V.60 phones not antiques.

They said it is a new Federal law.

So don't plan on using older phones for much of anything.

(I believed 'em so we have a rack of new Razors on the way.)

Older phones that are already activated are grandfathered in but
you can't change the number or anything.

Steve

www.sellcom.com for firewood splitters, ergonomic chairs,
office phone systems, "non-mov" surge protection, Exabyte,
CA, Minuteman, Brave Products, Fisch, TMC, Panasonic and more
http://www.phonelabs.biz cellphone docking now here!

Go to Next message: Emily: "Why is Motorola USB not Blackberry USB?"
Go to Previous message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: AT&T Residential Rate Increases?"
May be reply: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"
May be reply: nonoise: "Re: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Old Phones Can't be Activated Anymore"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page