TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:57:42 -0400

mc <look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote in message
news:telecom25.329.9@telecom-digest.org ...

> I normally answer my phone "This is M... C..., how can I help you?" and
> telemarketers utterly clam up when they hear it, as if I had been casting
> spells on them in the Unknown Tongue.

To be precise, here's how it goes:

"This is M... C..., how can I help you?"

(long pause) "Uh..." (long pause) "Is this M... C...?"

"Just what I said. How can I help you?"

I presume telemarketers are only trained to talk, not to comprehend
speech.

Go to Next message: Pete Romfh: "Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: AT&T to Stream TV to Online Users"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?"