TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: We Live in a World of Redundancies

Re: We Live in a World of Redundancies

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 12:30:08 -0400

From: Infoworld Newsfactor News Wire <infoworld@telecom-digest.org>

> We live in a world of redundancies. Take the telephone. Most of us
> probably have one sitting right there on our desk, next to our
> computer. It's used for talking to people. But do we really need a
> separate device?

> "No" is the short answer from a growing number of tech heavyweights
> pushing "unified communications" technology that combines and
> integrates voice, video conferencing, e-mail and IM on a single IP
> network.

The reason for having the telephone separate from the computer network (and
even the electric power connection) is so that it will still work when the
others don't.

Imagine being completely incommunicado during a computer network failure.

Go to Next message: Sam Spade: "Re: Western Lamp Cadences"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "DT Announces Business Revamp"
May be in reply to: Infoworld Newsfactor News Wire: "We Live in a World of Redundancies"