TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Widow of Tombaugh 'Shook Up' by Decision

Re: Widow of Tombaugh 'Shook Up' by Decision

John Hines (jbhines@newsguy.com)
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:26:01 -0500

> Editor's Note: When our power came back on Saturday morning, the
> Independence High School cable TV station had a program on
> interviewing one of the astronomy teachers who noted that "all the
> textbooks we have used in my memory have included Pluto as one of
> 'our' planets. (Flashback showing a classroom scene, with a textbook
> open to pages discussing Pluto.) I guess new textbooks will revise
> all that."

One of the reasons why IMHO they should have grandfathered Pluto in as
a planet.

Now if the Walt Disney Co would do a short showing Pluto(c) as the
leader of the Knuiper band of objects, we could teach the solar system
in 3 to 5 minutes. <G>

Silly sig to prevent isp ad

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "May 1966 - Customers Angry at Switch to Message Units From Toll"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "EPIC Alert 13.17"
May be in reply to: Tim Korte, AP : "Widow of Tombaugh 'Shook Up' by Decision"