TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cellular Roaming Tariffs

Re: Cellular Roaming Tariffs

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
22 Aug 2006 13:40:59 -0700

rbc310@gmail.com wrote:

> Can anyone direct me to a PUC tariff on inter-carrier cellular roaming
> charges?

Is there even such a thing as PUC "tariffs" anymore on wireless
services? I thought they were completely deregulated and charges were
based on your personal contract with the carrier.

I know my own contract with my carrier (which is old) offers different
roaming areas and charges than newer contracts do of the same carrier.
The PUC has nothing to do with it.

Is there something specific you are looking for?

Also, I thought the concept of A/B switching on cell phones is
obsolete. Do modern cell phones even have that capability? A/B dates
back to the early days when there were only two carriers. There are
many today.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Dial Conversion - Depression Labor Force"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Three Texas Men With Cellphones Arrested on Terrorist Charges"
May be in reply to: rbc310@gmail.com: "Cellular Roaming Tariffs"