TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 08:14:43 -0700 (PDT)

3 Aug 2006 20:57:59 -0000 John Levine <johnl@iecc.com> wrote:

> Time to look at T-Mobile.

> The prices are great, I need to figure out whether the coverage is OK
> here which basically means whether they let me roam onto Cingular. It
> appears that in some places they do, some they don't.

Generally the way it works is if the home carrier (in this case
T-Mobile) offers service in a locality you can only use them. If they
do not offer service in a locality often times a roaming partner may
offer service *if* the home carrier has a roaming agreement with the
other carrier. In any case if there's no roaming agreement you will
not be able to register on that network and the only thing you will be
allowed to do is to use that network for emergency 911/112 calls.

All carriers including T-Mobile usually have a trial period of 14 days
or more where you can try the service before committing to an
agreement (usually it's a minimum of a year.) You can try a service
out and see whether it works in a satisfactory manner in the places
you need it to work (home, work, etc.)

Go to Next message: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"
Go to Previous message: John L: "Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"