TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

John L (johnl@iecc.com)
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 17:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

>> Since I have never been an AT&T customer, I don't find that very
>> persuasive.

> Doesn't really apply to you then, but it is true, there is plenty of
> evidence to support this. The TDMA customers are also unwanted, but
> not quite so badly as the others and I imagine since you're already
> on a Cingular plan they won't strong arm you into switching that.
> You'll have to let me know if they try to ask you to sign another
> one/two year contract to make this change though, I believe this is
> a special "bonus" reserved only for the AT&T customers.

When I called them up, they told me there was no way to keep my
existing $30 plan and the only thing they offered was the standard $40
plan with a contract, take it or leave it. I left it.

There is absolutely no reason to think this surcharge has anything to
do with ex-AT&T customers, and every reason to think that it's to get
rid of AMPS and TDMA customers. As should be blindingly obvious, the
large number of ex-AT&T customers with GSM plans won't be affected by
this at all.

Even with the $5 surcharge, my current plan is a better deal than
anything they offer now, but if T-Mobile has adequate coverage here,
Cingular is history.

Regards,

Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor

Go to Next message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"
Go to Previous message: B. Wright: "Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge"