TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system

Re: CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 04:16:29 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:55:18 GMT, user@host.com (Cheech Chong) wrote:

> Hello all,

> Recently setup a used phone system for our office (NT5801FD-93) with
> M7310 phones. The KSU supports up to 6 lines, but we only have 2
> lines at the moment.

> The caller id does not display on the M7310 phones, but prior to
> having a phone system, the regular household phones we had connected
> to our 2 lines were able to display the caller id.

> Is there some programming needed in the phone system to allow the
> caller id to display? I logged into the KSU and didn't see any caller
> id options, but I could have missed the section. (The phone system has
> the following software installed: SP 30NSE08 DR5)

It's as you suspect, in need of programming. Take the box off the
wall and replace it with a CICS 7.0 with CID trunks and you're good to
go.

A 4x16 CICS will run about $1k.

Carl Navarro

Go to Next message: Samantha Gross: "The Death Thoes of Pay Phones"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system"
May be in reply to: Cheech Chong: "CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page