TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system

Re: CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 02:10:43 -0000

Cheech Chong <user@host.com> wrote:

> Hello all,

> Recently setup a used phone system for our office (NT5801FD-93) with
> M7310 phones. The KSU supports up to 6 lines, but we only have 2
> lines at the moment.

> The caller id does not display on the M7310 phones, but prior to
> having a phone system, the regular household phones we had connected
> to our 2 lines were able to display the caller id.

> Is there some programming needed in the phone system to allow the
> caller id to display? I logged into the KSU and didn't see any caller
> id options, but I could have missed the section. (The phone system has
> the following software installed: SP 30NSE08 DR5)

> Let me know if any more details are needed.

Yup, that's a Northern Telecom 'Nortel' system.

I think it's a "compact 6x16", with 'DR 5' software.

To the best of my knowledge, the 6x16 does not support CallerID
directly. There _may_ be an add-on hardware box which provides the
functionality.

On the slightly bigger boxes, to wit, the 'compact ICS'(CICS) and/or
'modular ICS' (MICS), you have to have different cards for the telco
interface side to get CID info in to the box. with the 6x16,
everything is built onto the motherboard, and 'what you have is what
you get'.

I have a _vague_ recollection of an outboard box that did CID
decoding/capture for a 6x16, but the 6x16 I ran was replaced by a MICS
in the previous millenium. And, oddly enough, I haven't paid much
attention to current 6x16 offerings. :)

Go to Next message: Carl Navarro: "Re: CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: WW II Long Distance Narrow Bandwidth; Toll Rate Drop"
May be in reply to: Cheech Chong: "CallerID on Norstar NT5801FD-93 system"