TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Great [sic] Queens Blackout Continues; No Relief in Sight

Re: The Great [sic] Queens Blackout Continues; No Relief in Sight

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:40:42 UTC

In <telecom25.275.9@telecom-digest.org> NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us writes:

> For how long?

> One week later some people in Queens still don't have power.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What about today, Wednesday? Last
> Friday they said it would come back on 'sometime this week' (we are
> in now). Is it in fact back yet? PAT]

Every building in the affected zone now has power back, although lots
of the wiring is temporary -- laying on the sidewalk and covered over,
and a hefty number of buildings are hooked up to large portable
generators.

There's lots of concern for later this week as the temperature is
continuing to rise again.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: NYC 1975 CO Fire -- Supposed it Happened Today?"
Go to Previous message: fake.e-mail@stonyx.com: "2.4Ghz vs. 5.8Ghz Cordless Phones and Health Concerns"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page