TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?

Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?

bv124@aol.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:43:51 -0700

I remember black, white, beige, and green, 3 slot, rotary & touchtone
Western Electric (WECO) payphones. These were very common in the
Chicago area in the 60's & 70's, but were being replaced by the boxy,
single slot touchtone models.

I also remember an Automatic Electric (AE) model in all chrome in the
non-Bell areas. It was a rotary dial. (I've NEVER seen an AE
touchtone payphone.)

Go to Next message: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones; Phones on Brady Bunch"
Go to Previous message: Mr Joseph Singer: "Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Color 3 Slot Payphones?"