TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?

Re: Color 3 Slot Payphones?

Paul Robinson (paul@paul-robinson.us)
Sat, 09 Sep 2006 02:00:03 -0400

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> An old "Brady Bunch" episode showed the parents using 3 slot pay
> phones in a fancy restaurant. They were beige.

It is possible they were GTE. GTE's clone of AT&T's manufacturing arm
Western Electric, was called "Automatic Electric" and GTE pay phones
were beige; I never saw any other color. This was in Long Beach,
California (and possibly Santa Monica and some other beach cities)
circa 1973-1987 (when our family left California).

Go to Next message: Sam Spade: "Phone Book: Listing Your Name Only, No Address?"
Go to Previous message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Discovering Where a Number Is"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Color 3 Slot Payphones?"