TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Digest Contributors Are Getting Very Sloppy

Digest Contributors Are Getting Very Sloppy

Mr Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Sun, 9 Jul 2006 18:11:25 PDT

Forgive me for making this comment, but I feel I must. Many people
when replying to digest articles apparently have no concept of
editing. In a recent digest of articles several replies made their
reply swell to two or three times the necessary size by replying and
including every single bit of the original article and sometimes even
beyond that including previous replies! Please have pity on those of
us who read this list as a digest. It's a real PITA to try and read
the digest only to have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to
information that I haven't already seen. I don't care for people top
posting but that's not my beef.

My beef it people who don't trim or edit anything. Please consider
editing your replies to only include enough that we know what you're
referring to. Get rid of the rest it's just not needed and only junks
up the list.

Thank you for your consideration.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: A lot of that is really my fault. A
rule I used to have here was the quoted amount of the post could not
be more than 50 percent of the entire post, and ideally should be a
lot less. I do not know why I got away from that, but let's try to
implement it again. Make the number of lines in your reply at least
be equal to or greater than the amount of the thing you are quoting.
Thanks. PAT]

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: A New Way around the Do Not Call Lists ..."
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Bell System Interconnect Paging Systems?"
May be reply: AES: "Re: Digest Contributors Are Getting Very Sloppy"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Digest Contributors Are Getting Very Sloppy"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page