TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: (Ab)use of Javascript; was Re: Web Services Increasingly Under

Re: (Ab)use of Javascript; was Re: Web Services Increasingly Under

redefined (roman.korol@gmail.com)
29 Jun 2006 12:16:21 -0700

This is true, but it's no different than the cookies that are currently
stored/tracked on these computers.

To stretch my idea even further, if there is a will there is a
way. All they have to do is create a simple little program that will
change the system's IP address every time a new user logs on. Say a
window will prompt for the login/password, and the login will be the
IP. This will of course wreak havoc on the network structure, but with
the advance of wireless networks and entire cities getting ready to go
wifi, this is looking more and more like when cell phones first
appeared on the market. I'm sure they can come up with routers that
will send traffic from each IP to its appropriate router over wifi.

Again, not saying that it's going to happen. Just letting my
imagination work here.

Julian Thomas wrote:

>> If the government really wants to track people's online usage
>> they'll have to give everyone the option to keep the same IP
>> throughout their lifetime, much like they allow people to keep their
>> phone numbers now. That way each IP address will have a name
>> attached to it.

> Hardly. Consider local network environments and shared usage computers,
> where many users share the same IP.

> Julian Thomas: http://jt-mj.net
> In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!
> Warpstock X - October 12-15 2006; Windsor, Ont. I'll be there - will you?
> -- --
> Finagle's First Law:
> If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.

Go to Next message: Kenneth P. Stox: "NorVergence Founders Fined For Fraud"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: X-Bar Switch Noise Levels"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page