TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Places That Use 911 For All Police Business

Re: Places That Use 911 For All Police Business

Joshua Putnam (josh@phred.org)
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:29:55 -0700

In article <telecom25.242.7@telecom-digest.org>, johnl@iecc.com
says:

> I recall seeing messages about some cities where 911 is the only
> number to call the cops, both for emergencies and for routine
> business.

> Does anyone know of specific places where this is the case?

I moved off of the island a few years ago, but as recently as 2002,
that was how things were handled on Vashon Island in Washington State,
a rural island served by the King County Sheriff's Department. Call
911, tell them it's non-emergency, and they route the call
accordingly.

josh@phred.org is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>
Updated Infrared Photography Gallery:
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/ir.html>

Go to Next message: Julian Thomas: "Re: (Ab)use of Javascript; was Re: Web Services Increasingly Under"
Go to Previous message: John Hines: "Re: Places That Use 911 For All Police Business"
May be in reply to: John L: "Places That Use 911 For All Police Business"