TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Campus Fax Finder

Re: Campus Fax Finder

mc (look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address)
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:05:01 -0400

Robert Bonomi <bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com> wrote in message

>> It absolutely is against the law to call certain
>> restricted numbers or a line under monitor without legitimate purpose
>> (and a review of your call out log would show that it wasn't
>> legitimate).

> Wrong again. The original poster is subject to *NO* such restrictions.

> Not only 'not a lawyer', but not much of a geographer, either. :) the
> original poster lives in _Canada_. And the laws *there* about use of
> telephones/modems and sending faxes, are *very* different.

I missed that totally. And it is rare for other developed countries'
telecom laws to be more lenient than the United States. Are
wardialers and junk faxes really legal in Canada?

Go to Next message: Raqueeb Hassan: "Re: VOIP and Taxes"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Campus Fax Finder"
May be in reply to: Lanman: "Campus Fax Finder"