TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

John Mayson (john@mayson.us)
7 Jun 2006 15:07:01 -0700

>> Don't these people know that calling someone who has their number on
>> the Don't Call list do not want to here from them or anyone else, or
>> don't they care? Today I was bombarded with one for Westly for
>> Governor of California, 4 calls in less then 2 hours, and all were
>> from out of state. I had planned on voting for him, now my cat gets
>> the vote!!!!

> They don't care.

> I'll repeat. They don't care.

> They're playing a numbers game where as long as the stats show that
> they are succeeding to the extend of the goals of the call, they will
> keep doing it.

I'm afraid I agree. I have been flooded with political phone calls.
Common sense says politicians should voluntarily honor the Do Not Call
List, but they don't.

What are the risks? A strongly pro-life person isn't going to go vote
for Hillary to punish a politicians for an unsolicited phone call.

I'm being very principled about this. I will not vote for Rick Perry
for Texas governor. He's blown it. I asked to me removed from his
list and never was. Let's hope the other three candidates do not
call.

BTW, I read a recent article that predicted the Democratic candidate
would finish FOURTH in the Texas gubernatorial race behind the current
Republican governor and the two independent candidates. I don't know
if that's funny or sad.

John

John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: Lena: "Re: Political Telemarketing Calls"
Go to Previous message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Fill up With TV News While Getting Gas"
May be in reply to: Steven Lichter: "Political Telemarketing Calls"