TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

Re: Political Telemarketing Calls

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Tue, 06 Jun 2006 01:03:51 -0500

It was a dark and stormy night when Steven Lichter
<DieSpammer@Ikillspammers.com> wrote:

> Don't these people know that calling someone who has their number on
> the Don't Call list do not want to here from them or anyone else, or
> don't they care?

I expect they don't have a clue that you're on the Don't Call list.
Political campaigns don't check against it, since legally it doesn't
apply to them, and they don't have a copy of it. (I'm not saying it
shouldn't, but it doesn't.) And as a volunteer who does do phone
banking (not, I hasten to add, for Governor of California), we're just
happy when somebody checks and corrects the database, so we're not the
fifth person to call the same damn wrong number.

Dave

Go to Next message: Sam Spade: "Re: Political Telemarketing Calls"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: Political Telemarketing Calls"
May be in reply to: Steven Lichter: "Political Telemarketing Calls"