TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Microsoft Lauches Security Plan for Windows

Re: Microsoft Lauches Security Plan for Windows

David (FlyLikeAnEagle@United.Com)
Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:00:59 GMT

On Wed, 31 May 2006 02:57:41 UTC, Allison Linn <ap@telecom-digest.org>
wrote:

> By ALLISON LINN, AP Business Writer

> Security software makers, the 800-pound gorilla has landed. Microsoft Corp.
> was to announce Wednesday that it is releasing software that aims to better
> protect people who use its Windows operating system from Internet attacks.

<snip>

Let me get this straight. Microsoft makes a popular product that is
vulnerable to certain forms of attack. Rather than choosing to fix
the problem, they decide to create add-on products to get a share of
the money spent on competing after-market products.

It is a very good thing that the public still chooses to use the
popular products with known volunerabilities. A competitor might come
along and take away their core business. At least the automotive
industry had competitors and there was reasonable competition and
improvement across the board.

David

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Political Telemarketing Calls"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Alex Bell and the Garfield Assassination"
May be in reply to: Allison Linn: "Microsoft Lauches Security Plan for Windows"