TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones

Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones

GlowingBlueMist (nobody@invalid.com)
Tue, 30 May 2006 21:52:22 -0500

Dave Close <dave@compata.com> wrote in message

> David Twiddy <ap@telecom-digest.org> writes:

>> So far, Sprint Nextel is doing something right as its subscribers
>> spend the highest average amount for data services in the industry.

> Something right for the stockholders, or something right for the
> customers? Many of us are severely annoyed by the nickle-and-dime
> pricing approach of the carriers. We might pay a proportionate amount
> extra for a worthwhile service, but $$ for a ringtone? More money for
> a 10-second audio clip than for a full track on iTunes? Mature adults
> just say no.

>> Charles Golvin of Forrester Research said a recent survey indicated
>> few cellular customers choose a phone based on its usability,
>> typically because they either don't think there's anything better or,
>> like Bales in Kansas City, don't think they need those services.

> One thing Sprint is doing wrong, IMHO, is narrowing the choice of
> phones available. They don't offer simple phones any more. I know that
> electronic economics means you can always get more for less as time
> passes, but sometimes you still just want less.

> I'm in the market for a new phone. I want a "candy-bar" style phone
> with a USB connector that allows me to manage my name list using my
> computer. I don't own or want to own any Windows or Mac systems. I
> don't care about a camera or browser. I don't care about a color
> screen. I do want a keyboard with all the numbers of equal size and
> arranged in a rectangular grid and with very few additional keys. The
> keys should be essentially the only moving parts on the phone. Can
> anyone suggest a candidate for my business?

> Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA "Greed is to the moralists of the
> dave@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359 left what sex is to the moralists
> dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu of the right." - Cathy Young

Sounds like you need to combine the Nokia 1100 from Tracfone
http://www.tracfone.com with the USB cable from
http://cell-phone-accessories-wholesale.com/browseproducts/Nokia-1100-USB-Data-Cable.-Cell-Phone-USB-Data-Cable-for-data-connectivity-between-cell-phones-and-computer.-Includes-USB-Driver-CD-for-PC.HTML

and you should have what you are asking for.

Go to Next message: Richard Kaszeta: "Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones"
Go to Previous message: Mr. Joseph Singer: "Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones"
May be in reply to: David Twiddy: "Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones"