TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones

Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones

Mr. Joseph Singer (joeofseattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 30 May 2006 18:39:22 PDT

Dave Close <dave@compata.com> Tue, 30 May 2006 07:00:38 UTC wrote:

> I'm in the market for a new phone. I want a "candy-bar" style phone
> with a USB connector that allows me to manage my name list using my
> computer. I don't own or want to own any Windows or Mac systems. I
> don't care about a camera or browser. I don't care about a color
> screen. I do want a keyboard with all the numbers of equal size and
> arranged in a rectangular grid and with very few additional keys. The
> keys should be essentially the only moving parts on the phone. Can
> anyone suggest a candidate for my business?>>

You do not indicate if you must have a handset that will work with a
certain mobile operator. If it's Sprint my first suggestion would be
to go to http://www.phonescoop.com. Go to the "phone finder" and tick
off anything that is important to you. Unfortunately for current
models you may be forced to get more than you wanted. There are at
present very few non-color phones available. The best you're likely
going to do is to find a model that is a low-end introductory model as
that will likely have the least amount of "features" such as cameras
etc. There are still for certain technologies simpler phones such as
the Nokia 1112 or Nokia 1100 which are non-color phones but they are
for the T-Mobile or cingular service and not for Sprint if that's what
you must have.

Go to Next message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones"
Go to Previous message: JGolan: "Re: On-Hook Signal"
May be in reply to: David Twiddy: "Cell Phone Owners Just Want Simple Phones"