TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?

The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
12 May 2006 12:45:13 -0700

I am curious as to what people think of the issue of national security
vs. privacy in light of the recent revelations.

In the railroad and roads newsgroups, there was a discussion on the
issue of the rights of photographers to take pictures of public works
vs. the need for security of those works against terrorists. Some
facilities (highway toll roads, transit agencies) do not allow
photography from public safe locations which traditionally was a
absolute right.

I myself aren't sure. I don't agree with either extremes--the govt
must have some limitations on citizen spying and we must preserve our
long existing rights, but the govt does need the power and ability to
spy on potential terrorists to protect us.

[public replies please].

Go to Next message: Linc Madison: "Re: EU Slams ICANN Interference With Sex Site Vote"
Go to Previous message: Danglerb: "Plantronics M60 feedback"
May be reply: George Berger: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Dave Garland: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: George Mitchell: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Joshua Putnam: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Linc Madison: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Steven Lichter: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: John Mayson: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Danny Burstein: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: Danny Burstein: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page