TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Mark J (mjlas02@cox.net)
Mon, 8 May 2006 10:31:27 -0700

When I lose power I have Vonage configured to forward calls to my cellphone,
so that is not a problem.

Herb Stein <herb@herbstein.com> wrote in message

> Mark J <mjlas02@cox.net> wrote in message

>> I have been using Vonage for nearly a year now, with no problems with
>> their service whatsoever. The few times I have had trouble was when
>> the Internet service was out or I had trouble with my Linksys router
>> or Cisco 1900 switch, but only lasted for a minute or so.

> Had you been having a heart attack, it would have actually been your
> LAST problem. And what's you option when the power goes out?

>> Healthy Stealthy <healthystealthy@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Right now I'm using Verizon. I have to save money. I'm thinking about
>>> switching to Vonage. Does anyone know anything about this company? Is
>>> it a mistake to switch to them? Any details?

>>> Thanks.

>>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Vonage is certainly a better deal, and
>>> much less expensive than Verizon. I have Vonage service here as well,
>>> although in fairness I should mention I also still have landline
>>> service as well. Some readers here would suggest that there are other
>>> VOIP companies better than Vonage, and that may be true, but I think
>>> you are inquiring about the _concept_ of VOIP instead of landline, am
>>> I correct? I am unwilling to totally abandon my landline service for
>>> VOIP. PAT]

> Herb Stein
> herb@herbstein.com

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?"
Go to Previous message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - Monday, May 8, 2006"
May be in reply to: Healthy Stealthy: "Should I Switch to Vonage?"