TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Big League Spammer Ralsky in Custody; May be Singing...

Big League Spammer Ralsky in Custody; May be Singing...

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 03:44:07 -0400

" Local hacker 'Memehacker' ('instant messaged') in with a scoop on
Alan Ralsky, the famed 'Spam King' covered by the Observer and the
Detroit News. Here's the breaking story:

" Valleywag: 'Tell me the scoop in three sentences.

" Memehacker: 'Alan Ralsky is currently being held by the feds and his
file is sealed for the next 72 hours by the DOJ. We are concerned that
he is going to narq out the entire network since they have enough on
him to send him to jail.

" 'This means hackers, spammers, anyone who has worked in spam legally
or illegally for the last 5 years at least. The DOJ wants to do a
dragnet, they have the top dog, but they want the whole system as
well ...

http://www.valleywag.com/tech/alan-ralsky/scoop-doj-jails-spam-king-alan-ralsky-might-rat-out-a-massive-hacker-spammer-network-170385.php

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: California Okays Broadband Over Power Lines Test"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "FTTH Deployment up 107% Since October"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Big League Spammer Ralsky in Custody; May be Singing..."
TELECOM Digest: Home Page