TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Type of Wireless Should I Use?

Re: What Type of Wireless Should I Use?

darktiger (darktiger@gmail.com)
26 Apr 2006 23:30:18 -0700

Where to start? Well ... Run your own fiber :-)

Personally, I don't think you need GigE -- 100Mbps or even 48Mbps may
suit you well ... You make no mention to how many computers you have
on each side, but the server can only handle so many connections
(limitation of a single NIC)

For a lot of money you have this option:

http://shop.wirelessguys.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.526/it.A/id.2883/.f
Gbps for 1- 4 miles...

For less money you have this option:
http://shop.wirelessguys.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.535/it.A/id.2881/.f
150Mbps ...

Or for some good, carrier grade 48Mbps MAX (Time Warner Telecom uses
these)
https://shop.invictusnetworks.com/detail.php?id=16063

I use those RAD AirMux 200 radios for our backhaul - not bad... With
the right module you can even run 4x T1 lines over it for voice
traffic or whatever...

Hope this helps ...

Go to Next message: Bob Goudreau: "Re: Who is 888-695-9405, and Why do They Keep Calling Me?"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Thursday 27th April 2006"
May be in reply to: Ghazan Haider: "What Type of Wireless Should I Use?"