TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: I Have the Same Mystery Number Coming in On Cell Phone

Re: I Have the Same Mystery Number Coming in On Cell Phone

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:36:28 -0400

Claude J Ortega wrote:

> In article <telecom25.138.4@telecom-digest.org>,
> JoshSommers@interbill.biz says:

>> Six times today I have received incoming calls on my cell phone from
>> 866-383-0986. When I answer there is nobody on the other end of the
>> line. When I call this number back I get static and then it hangs up.

>> Josh

> A Google search on that number [ 866-383-0986 ]results in a number of
> hits. It seems to be a marketing company with a questionable
> reputation.

I tracked down a couple of numbers from out of state on my caller id
and discovered they all seemed to come from telemarketing
firms. Remember that non profits and politicians are exempt from the
do not call data base and it is fast approaching primary season.

Go to Next message: Paul Robinson: "Re: Competitive DSL (Correct"
Go to Previous message: John C. Fowler: "Re: Bell System Photo by Ansel Adams"
May be in reply to: Josh Sommers: "I Have the Same Mystery Number Coming in On Cell Phone"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page