TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Apple Computer 30th Birthday

Re: Apple Computer 30th Birthday

Paul Vader (pv+usenet@pobox.com)
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:08:56 -0000

Andrew Hastings <abh@nospam.acm.org> writes:

> (Extra credit: We've heard about Burroughs, Univac, and CDC. What
> happened to the remaining two companies of the BUNCH: NCR and
> Honeywell?)

NCR was digested by AT&T and then spit back out in 1996. They still exist.

Honeywell exited the computer business in the early 90s. The remainder of
the company merged with Allied Signal a few years later. *

like corkscrews.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: How to Dial a Toll-Free Number Using a Calling Card"
Go to Previous message: Andrew Hastings: "Re: Apple Computer 30th Birthday"
May be in reply to: May Wong: "Apple Computer 30th Birthday"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page