TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Happened to Me

Re: What Happened to Me

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:29:57 -0500

It was a dark and stormy night when henry999@eircom.net (Henry) wrote:

> Can the public use their own personal mobile phones in American
> hospitals?

Hospitals I have been in within the last couple of years had areas
where phones were banned. For example, the waiting room was ok, but
the actual emergency work area had signs prohibiting phones. I think
the entire cardiac department was off limits, also Intensive Care
Units. In some areas there are a lot of (presumably unshielded)
sensors attached to patients and a lot of of computerized monitoring
equipment, and I was told that if a phone was too close it could cause
the equipment to malfunction or cause false alarms.

I did notice little stub antennas in corridors but am not sure what
equipment they were for.

Dave

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Sprint vs Comcast For Phone Service"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Downtown Tornadoes was Re: What Happened to Me"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "What Happened to Me"