TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Downtown Tornadoes was Re: What Happened to Me

Downtown Tornadoes was Re: What Happened to Me

Wesrock@aol.com
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:37:11 EDT

In a message dated Sun, 09 Apr 2006 20:37:24 -0000,
bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) writes:

> As for (modern) big cities being immune, on March 28, 2000, a twister
> went through downtown Fort Worth TX, killing 2, and causing $400
> million in damages. Oklahoma City, Miami, Nashville, Salt Lake City,
> Cincinnati, Birmingham, and Washington D.C. have also been hit in
> recent years.

If we're talking about downtown areas among the skyscrapers, I have to
disagree on Oklahoma City. I've lived here for more than 50 years and
there have been a great many tornadoes, some pretty close to my home,
but none among the tall buildings.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: What Happened to Me"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Cable Jumps Into Wireless Business With Sprint"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "What Happened to Me"