TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?

Re: Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?

Koos van den Hout (koos+newsposting@kzdoos.xs4all.nl)
16 Mar 2006 20:57:39 GMT

John L <johnl@iecc.com> wrote in <telecom25.106.7@telecom-digest.org>:

> So my question is, are the antennas worth anything? The Cingular
> antennas are for the 800 MHz AMPS band, three whip antennas, basically
> pointy metal sticks pointing straight up. The Sprint antennas are for
> the PCS 1900 MHz band, curved panels. All have tails of coax that
> they cut when they removed the transmitters.

> Any advice? Sell them on ebay? Don't waste my time?

My first thought was 'maybe the 800 MHz antennas are worth something at a
ham swap meet, forget the 1900 MHz antennas'.

But I looked on ebay. New 1900 MHz antennas are worth a lot. But you
can't test them (unless you find a ham with the right equipment to
somehow verify that the antenna is still in some sort of working shape).

Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 via keyservers
koos@kzdoos.xs4all.nl or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 -?)
Fax +31-30-2817051 Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access /\\
http://idefix.net/~koos/ at campsites http://www.camp-wireless.org/ _\_V

Go to Next message: William Warren: "Re: Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas"
May be in reply to: John L: "Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?"