TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?

Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?

John L (johnl@iecc.com)
15 Mar 2006 22:22:26 -0500

My village has an old water tower on which Cingular and Sprint erected
base station antennas. We built a new water tower, and they put new
antennas on it, abandoning the old ones. Sometime in the near future,
weather permitting, we're going to take down the old tower, and it
would probably be easy for me to buy the old antennas for their scrap
metal value.

So my question is, are the antennas worth anything? The Cingular
antennas are for the 800 MHz AMPS band, three whip antennas, basically
pointy metal sticks pointing straight up. The Sprint antennas are for
the PCS 1900 MHz band, curved panels. All have tails of coax that
they cut when they removed the transmitters.

Any advice? Sell them on ebay? Don't waste my time?

Regards,

Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor

Go to Next message: Cyron: "Is This Phone Monopoly Legal?"
Go to Previous message: blentoo@gmail.com: "Voip Translating and Learning Tutorial"
May be reply: Koos van den Hout: "Re: Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: Are Cellular Base Station Antennas Worth Anything?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page