TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital

TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital

Patrick Townson (ptownson@telecom-digest.org)
Thu, 3 Mar 2006 18:00:00

The residents of Bartlesville, OK, a town of about 40,000 in the
northeast corner of the state, have always been extremely fortunate
to have a generous family like Frank and Jane Phillips living there.
Major heirs in the Phillips' Petroleum business, while they were
alive, they could not give it away fast enough. On a major street
named for him (Frank Phillips Parkway) sits a major medical center
named in honor of his wife. Their attitude was always, 'there is
nothing we need right now', so why not give it to the city? The Jane
Phillips Medical Center is a cluster of three or four different
high-rise (ten to fifteen story buildings,) dealing with everything
from heart desease through mental illness and whatever else. They
take in broken people and turn out semi-well people. I think it is
handled _officially_ by ECUSA -- the Episcopal Church in the United
States . I know when I arrived there in my dilerium Saturday morning
last, following some ex-rays and other stuff I was wheeled in my bed
into the critcal care unit, where I slept in my groggy state until
somerime mid-afternoon. Sometime around 5 PM Saturday, I was
presented with some forms I was asked to sign, one of which stated
that 'new developments in angioplasty/angiography allow us to move
your blookd vessels/arteries around. ' The form went on to state that
a 'stent' would be implanted (via my groin area if I permitted it)
but woiuld do its work up around neck.) This 'programmable stent'
would cure things for me.

Officially it refererred to the 'right ventrical (something) was
totally blocked up and it showed new veins they proposed to install
around my heart which they said would be held together by plastic cememt
and that may be true or it maybe be just more hassle for me.

At any rate, today, Thursday, just abut a week after I had my
heart attack, I was dismissed from Jane Phillips and I could return
to my home. As to how well I feel, I am not quite suer I can answer
that.

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Taking Spying to Higher Level, Agencies Look for More Ways to"
Go to Previous message: burris: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat is in the Hospital"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Justa Lurker: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Justa Lurker: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Joseph Adajian: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: jtaylor: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Jack Hamilton: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: William Warren: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be reply: Herb Stein: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page