TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: PanhandleGateway.com -- Your Gateway to WV's Eastern Panhandle

Re: PanhandleGateway.com -- Your Gateway to WV's Eastern Panhandle

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 03:08:08 -0000

Mark <Mark@PracticalNetworks.net> wrote:

[[ irrelevant non-telecom content removed ]]

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Okay Mark, here is your free plug for
> the new website; but I did not realize that little strip of WV was
> known as 'Panhandle'; I always thought 'panhandle' was used for the
> northwestern strip of Oklahoma, or perhaps the northernmost section
> of Idaho, but I guess there is no reason it cannot apply to that
> northern wedge of WV as well. Good luck with your web site. PAT]

FYI, the northern end of Texas (everything directly west of Oklahoma)
is also commonly referred to as the "Panhandle".

As is Western Florida (more-or-less Panama City to Pensacola, and on west).

Even the far S.E. corner of Missouri is also referred to that way, sometimes.

I've even heard it applied to the far-western part of Maryland.

Go to Next message: nospam4me@mytrashmail.com: "Re: MySpace: Murdoch's Big Hope; Parents Nightmare"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: PanhandleGateway.com -- Your Gateway to WV's Eastern Panhandle"
May be in reply to: Mark: "PanhandleGateway.com -- Your Gateway to WV's Eastern Panhandle"