TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Virtual Number with Flexible Call Forwarding?

Virtual Number with Flexible Call Forwarding?

joel@exc.com
10 Feb 2006 05:45:32 -0800

Hi all,

I'm looking for a virtual number that offers flexible call forwarding,
including call forward to overseas numbers.

The only options I've found are virtual PBX's, that answer the phone,
put the caller on hold, and play music or a greeting.

Can any recommend a good service that just forwards the call, possibly
to more than one number?

Many thanks.

-Joel

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Vonage does what you are requesting. It
can forward calls to various numbers at one time (I think that service
is called 'blast' or something similar. It goes down the list of
numbers you have given it, rings them all, then transfers the call
into the line you actually answered. I think virtual numbers are
around four dollars each, and if you take a virtual 800 number, you
get a certain number of minutes included. I still have e-coupons for
a free month of Vonage service; the terms are you have to get the
Vonage telephone adapter shipped through the e-coupon; you cannot get
the TA through some other source (which often times allows its own
rebate) and _then_ get a free month from my e-coupon as well. If you
want to experiment with Vonage via a free month of service just write
and ask for an e-coupon: ptownson@telecom-digest.org PAT]

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: Western Union Public Telegram Offices"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Indian Carriers Cut Rates Amid Stiff Competition"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Virtual Number with Flexible Call Forwarding?"
May be reply: joel@exc.com: "Re: Virtual Number with Flexible Call Forwarding?"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Virtual Number with Flexible Call Forwarding?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page