TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
31 Jan 2006 15:02:01 -0000

>> But because she was not checking into the hotel and not going anywhere
>> but the lobby, she did not count on having to produce a
>> government-issued photo ID just to have a clerk phone a guest room
>> from the front desk.

That's ridiculous. In that case, I would have pulled out my mobile
phone, called the hotel, and asked to speak to the guest.

Of course, any ID check where they aren't checking the ID against a
list of known good or bad people is completely pointless anyway. And
as we've seen with the TSA no-fly list, even if they do have a list,
that often doesn't help.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby"
Go to Previous message: rob.greaves@gmail.com: "Can You Help Unlock a Vonage ATA-186 Please?"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby"