TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

David B. Horvath, CCP (dhorvath@notchur.biz)
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:16:54 -0500

Please mung my address PAT. Name is fine.

On 30 Jan 2006 07:27:50 -0800, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> Many states offer official photo-IDs for people who do not have a
> driver's license. New York State does. I would think it'd be more
> prudent to carry such an ID card rather than a passport in case it's
> lost or stolen. (see: http://www.nysdmv.com/license.htm )

The advantage of the passport is that it does not have address. It
also does not have SSN (or a key that is easily cross-referenced to
SSN). You can have a driver's license and a passport (I don't believe
you're really allowed to have the license and the non-license ID). In
addition, many people look down on the the non-driver's ID's believing
that the holder is unable to get a license (or it has been revoked for
some reason) rather than a reasoned choice.

I'll use my passport when I know I'm going to need specific ID (new
job, getting a mortgage, etc.).

- David

Go to Next message: 3z3k3l: "Re: Anyone Need a Telecom Job?"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Hello, You're in the Dead Zone / Region's Cellphone Users Still"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby"