TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Oklahoma-Texas Fires, California Mud Slides-Floods

Re: Oklahoma-Texas Fires, California Mud Slides-Floods

Jim Rusling (
Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:41:48 -0600

Jim Rusling <> wrote:

> Ashley Gibson <> wrote:

>> By ASHLEY GIBSON, Associated Press Writer

>> A rash of wildfires raged Sunday across Oklahoma, Texas and New
>> Mexico, including one that burned several homes in northeastern
>> Oklahoma City.

> We had one here in Mustang, OK (near Oklahoma City). It burned about
> 25 acres, destroyed 6 homes and many storage/out buildings. I don't
> know how many homes were damaged. There were 3 minor injuries. We
> were lucky and only had a little siding damaged. I did lose a 8x16
> storage building that was full of stuff and a 10 feet cab over camper.
> My truck also has an unknown amount of wiring damage.

> I was at work, but the wife got the sprinkler set up in the front yard
> and loaded up the dogs. They ended up spending over 4 hours in the
> car. It was moving very fast. We had fire equipment from 8 different
> cities fighting the fire. We had at least 6 engines in an 8 square
> block area and they still could not stop it from jumping the street.

> Jim Rusling
> More or Less Retired
> Mustang, OK

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But the important thing is, your wife,
> family and dogs are okay, so you did not lose anything that mattered,
> did you? :) PAT]

Not the main things, but we had to put the older dog, Sampson, down
this morning. He had been going down hill for the last 6 months, but
the stress did not help any. I also lost some items that were my
dad's and granddad's. The rest of the stuff can be replaced.

Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired
Mustang, OK

Go to Next message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: Cell Phone Extenders?"
Go to Previous message: Bob Goudreau: "Re: Another Year, Another Volume of the Digest"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page